Friday, 5 June 2009

Dolly, Guard Duck Eggtraordinaire!

Ok, so there's only so many egg jokes I can make but I'm going to make the most of them anyway! Dolly has become our guard duck when it comes to pigeons landing in the garden, and we do seem to get a lot. Any pigeon (or pig-eon as Manuel from Fawlty Towers would say) that dares to land on a nearby tree, swing, patio etc etc is quacked at loudly and then chased by Dolly. She even gets hackles, or the duck equivalent, which I didn't think anything other than dogs got. What makes this funny is that the pigeons take absolutely no notice of her; they even dare to have a wander near the pond which gets right up Dolly's beak!

Talking of the pond, here's a piccie of a very handsome frog (or may be a Prince if you believe in Fairy stories) which I rescued from a cat the other morning. I posed him on a lily pad and he was so grateful to be rescued that he let me take a photo :)

Duckling news: Dora continues to sit on 5 Aylesbury eggs which were candled last weekend and revealed 5 growing ducklings. There's now 2 weeks to go before they hatch so I'm getting very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment